How to Change Address in Aadhaar Card: It is often seen that people change their city or address but do not update it in Aadhaar. They find it a hassle. But it is not like that. You don’t need to go anywhere to change your home address in Aadhaar card. You can update it online at home. For this you have to pay a fee of 50 rupees. Here we are telling you its complete process…
How to Change Address in Aadhaar Card
Aadhar is a 12-digit unique number that acts as an identity proof of residents in India. It is unique to each resident and can be obtained voluntarily by providing basic biometric and demographic data to the UIDAI or the Unique Identification Authority of India. However, one must note that Aadhaar is just proof of residence and not citizenship of India. There can be many reasons to change your address in Aadhaar, such as relocating, spelling, or pincode errors. Although biometric details can only be updated at Aadhaar registered centres, you can update your address online without visiting any centre. The guide for Aadhar card address change online is shared further.
- Passport (of self/spouse/parents in case of a minor)
- Bank statement (Passbook, Post Office Account Statement)
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Pensioner Card
- Disability Card
- CGHS/ECHS/ESIC/Medi-Claim Card with Photo issued by State/Central Govt/PSUs
- Electricity Bills (not older than three months), including prepaid receipts
- Water Bill (not older than three months)
- Telephone Landline Bill/ Phone (Postpaid Mobile) Bill/ Broadband Bill (not older than three months)
- Insurance Policy (Life & Medical only)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than one year)
- It is crucial to update your biometric data on your Aadhaar. While you’re at it, you should also keep your demographic details, like your address, updated.
How To Update Address In Aadhar Card?
Step 1: Visit the My Aadhaar portal online – https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ – the official UIDAI portal and log in to your account.
Step 2: Click on ‘Address Update.’
Step 3: Select the ‘Update Aadhaar Online’ option to move forward with the address-updating process. Read through the instructions to understand what you need to do to change your address in your Aadhaar Card. Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar.’
Step 4: Carefully input the new address details and upload the necessary Aadhaar card address change documents.
Step 5: Complete the process by paying the nominal fee of ₹50.
Step 6: Upon submission, a Service Request Number (SRN) will be provided. It’s essential for checking your Aadhaar address update status in the future.
Step 7: Once the internal review is complete, you’ll receive a confirmation SMS.
|Read In Gujarati
Thanks for visiting this useful post, Stay connected with us for more Posts. Visit every day for the latest offers of various brands and other technology updates.