Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension Yojana: Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Yojana is implemented to provide monthly assistance to the needy elderly for their subsistence and maintenance. Under this scheme, earlier the benefit of assistance was given to those whose family members were listed in the poverty line list BPL with a score of 0 to 20. Now the provisions of this scheme have been changed. Under which other categories of senior citizens are also eligible for assistance under this scheme. How much assistance will be available? Who will get help? What documents are required? Get its details in this post.
Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension Scheme
ollowing are the eligibility criteria for getting assistance under Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension Yojana.
- Age of the applicant should be 60 years or more.
- In case of disabled applicant age should be 45 years or more and percentage of disability should be 75 percent or more.
Those who are eligible as above and are not BPL can get old age pension under this scheme.
Old age pension scheme income limit
Under the Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension Yojana, the benefit limit has been fixed as follows.
For rural areas, the annual family income of the applicant candidate should not exceed Rs.1,20,000/-.
For urban areas the annual family income of the candidate is Rs. Should not be more than 1,50,000/-.
- The applicant must have been residing in the state of Gujarat for the last 10 years. Only then the benefit is available under this scheme.
- Applicant should not have son or grandson above 21 years of age.
- A person who has a surviving son or grandson above 21 years of age but the son or grandson is physically disabled or mentally unstable and is incapable of earning will be eligible for Destitute Old Age or Destitute Destitute Assistance.
- A destitute aged, destitute disabled person who has a surviving son above 21 years of age but his son is suffering from cancer or TB and is unable to earn, if he produces a certificate from the Civil Surgeon regarding the serious illness of his adult son mentioned above. will be eligible for assistance. Aid will stop when those who are healthy and able to earn from TB disease,
Eligibility criteria for applicants including Below Poverty Line (BPL).
- Age Standard: Applicant’s age should be 60 years or above.
- Applicant should be residing in rural area and under poverty line should be included in BPL list with score between 0 to 20.
- Applicants from urban areas should be included in the BPL list prepared under the Poverty Alleviation Programs of the Ministry of Urban Housing & Poverty Elevation of the Central Government.
Standard of living
- The applicant should be residing in the state of Gujarat for the last 10 years.
Old age pension scheme form
- The scheme form can be obtained from the district collector office.
- The application form of this scheme can also be obtained free of cost from the Mamlatdar office.
- Application can also be done online from Village Level (VCE) Gram Panchayat.
- Apart from this, the form can be downloaded from the link given below.
- The authority to approve/reject the application under this scheme is delegated to the Mamlatdar.
Old age pension scheme assistance
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary of 60 to 79 years will get Rs. Rs. 1000/- and beneficiary aged 80 or above Rs. 1250/- monthly allowance is paid.
|Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme Amendment Resolution
|Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme Form
Thanks for visiting this useful post, Stay connected with us for more Posts. Visit every day for the latest offers of various brands and other technology updates.