Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023: As we all know that various schemes are run by the Government of India to make the future of daughters bright and secure like Vali Dhotti Yojana, Ladli Lakshmi Yojana, Cycle Sahay Yojana, etc.
Apart from this scheme, some savings schemes are also run with high interest rates and exemption from income tax which encourages people to invest in all these schemes and also secure the future of daughters. So today in this article we will get complete information about this Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana launched by the central government.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
This Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has been launched by the Government of India and is a savings scheme. To avail the benefits under this scheme, the account has to be opened before the daughter attains the age of 10 years. And the minimum investment in this account is Rs 250 and the maximum limit is up to Rs 1.5 lakh.
Citizens can invest under this scheme for daughter’s higher education or marriage. Under this scheme, interest will be given by the government at the rate of 7.6% on the investment. And also tax exemption will be given on investment. This Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has been launched under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana.
To avail Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can be opened in any authorized branch of post office or merchant branch. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can be availed till the daughter attains the age of 21 or gets married after the age of 18. And 50% of the amount can be withdrawn after the age of 18 for daughter’s higher education.
Objective Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
The main objective of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Gujarat is to advance girls in education and to prevent lack of money when marriageable. A poor citizen of the country can easily open a bank savings account under this scheme to cover the expenses of his daughter’s education and marriage. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023 is encouraging the girls of the country to move ahead in life. And most importantly, female-feticide should also be stopped through this scheme.
Highlights of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
|Scheme Name||Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana|
|Objective||To make the future of girls bright and secure For this, various schemes are run by the Government of India.|
|Beneficiary||All eligible daughters of the country|
|When to open the account||To avail the benefits under this scheme, the account has to be opened before the daughter attains the age of 10 years.|
|Up to Rs 250 Premium||The minimum investment limit in this account is Rs 250 and the maximum limit is Rs 1.5 lakh.|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate||Under this scheme, interest rate of 7.6% will be given by the government on investment.|
Important Facts of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
If you read this article from the beginning, you will know that Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has been launched by the government to secure the future of girls and help them in their education and marriage. Some features of this scheme are as follows.
- Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, an account of a daughter below the age of 10 years can be opened under this scheme.
- An account for this scheme can be opened at any post office or bank.
- The benefit of this scheme can be availed for maximum two children of the family.
- In some special circumstances, the account can be opened for three children of one family and benefited.
- To avail this scheme, an account can be opened with a minimum of Rs.250.
- A minimum of Rs.250 and a maximum of Rs.1.5 lakh can be invested under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in 1 financial year.
- The interest rate under this scheme has been fixed at 7.6%.
- Tax exemption is also available under this scheme under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
- The returns from this scheme are also tax free.
- Up to 50% can be withdrawn from this Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana for daughter’s higher education.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023 is a small savings scheme by the central government for special girls.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary can open an account for their daughter in all the given banks like Post Office, Nationalized Bank, SBI, PNB, HDFC, ICICI, Axis Bank, etc.
How can money be deposited through digital account of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
This Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was launched by the Government of India for the education and marriage of girls. To return the money under this scheme, one has to go to the post office. But as per the new rule digital account has been started by Indian Post Department. Through this digital account Sukanya will be able to deposit money in the beneficiary account of Samriddhi Yojana.
Now digital saving account service has been started in post office as well as in banks. With the help of this digital account, account holders of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana no longer need to go to the post office to deposit money in the account and can transfer money online through their mobile phones.
How many daughters can benefit under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023, only two daughters of a family can get the benefit of this scheme. If there are more than 2 daughters in a family then only two daughters of that family can avail the benefit of this scheme.
But if a family has twin daughters then in this case they will get the benefit of this scheme differently i.e. three daughters of that family can avail the benefit of this scheme. The calculation of twin daughters will be same but in this case they will be given this benefit differently.
Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in Gujarati Yojana, any parent who wants to deposit money for their daughter’s marriage and education or wants to benefit can open an account for their daughter.
How much must be paid every year and for how long?
Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, earlier as per rule every month Rs. 1000 was to be paid. But according to the new rule, now that rate has been reduced to Rs. 250 has been done. Under this scheme parents get Rs. 250 to Rs.1,50,000 can be invested. Under this scheme, it will be necessary to invest for 14 years after opening a bank account.
What loans can be availed under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
Loans can be availed under different PPF schemes run by the government. But under this Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana one cannot avail loan like PPF Yojana. But if a daughter turns 18, parents can withdraw 50% of the amount from this scheme account. But this withdrawal can be done only 50%. And the withdrawals made under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana can be made only for the betterment of the daughter like the amount can be used for daughter’s marriage, higher education etc.
The rules and documents for opening a new account under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana will be as follows.
- To avail the benefit of this scheme, the age of the daughter should be less than 10 years to open the account.
- aadhar card
- Photo of child and parents
- Birth certificate of daughter
- Proof of residence
- Parent’s PAN Card, Ration Card, Driving License
- Medical certificate
- Documents as requested by post office or bank.
How To Apply Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023
- If any beneficiaries are interested in applying for opening a savings account under this scheme, they must first download the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Opening Form.
- After that, all the important information has to be filled in the downloaded form and all the required documents have to be submitted along with the form.
- After that, the application form and necessary documents have to be submitted along with the prescribed amount to the post office or to the desired bank.
Thanks for visiting this useful post, Stay connected with us for more Posts. Visit every day for the latest offers of various brands and other technology updates.